TFS Bug Item Synchronizer is a tool which allows testing and development teams to work together using tools built for their usage. Testers enter defects in Quality Center and when defect is created and updated into TFS, developer can fix it, link all changes to it and mark it as fixed. After this the tester will continue process on Quality Center side to verify the fix.
With this tool, it is possible to synchronize both Quality Center Defects and Requirements with TFS work items.
Testers will only need to use Quality Center and developers TFS, no need to have both applications on both teams as this tool works totally on the server side.
What this tool does is
- For every selected defect or requirement for synchronization in HP ALM/Quality Center, it creates matching workitem in TFS (with a http link to original defect)
- For every selected workitem in TFS, it creates matching defect or requirement in HP ALM/Quality Center
- For every defect or requirement updated in HP ALM/Quality Center, it updates matching workitem in TFS
- For every update in TFS, it updates matching defect or requirement in HP ALM/Quality Center accordingly
- Offers also possibility to link one TFS workitem into many HP ALM/Quality Center defects or requirements (inside same project or in different projects, does not really matter) and update all related HP ALM/Quality Center items when TFS bug is updated
- Copies attachments and hyperlinks from HP ALM/Quality Center defect over to TFS work item when creating new workitem
- Copies attachments and hyperlinks from TFS workitem over to HP ALM/Quality Center when creating new defect or requirement
- Updates new attachments and hyperlinks from HP ALM/Quality Center over to TFS workitem after initial synchronization
- Updates new attachments and hyperlinks from TFS workitem over to HP ALM/Quality Center after initial synchronization
All these actions are done on the background by this integration, tester does not need to have Team Foundation Server Client installed nor developer any HP ALM/Quality Center components.
You can install this integration into TFS server, HP ALM/Quality Center server or on 3rd different server, does not really matter. All you need to make sure is that TFS and HP ALM/Quality Center components are installed and working for the user that is running these services.
- HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM) 12.x
- HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM) 11.x
- Quality Center 10.x
- Quality Center 9.2
- Quality Center 9.0
- Visual Studio Online
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2017
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2015
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2013
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2012 (server only)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010 (server only)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2008 SP1 (server only)
Full Release Notes can be found in TFS Bug Item Synchronizer for Quality Center Release Notes
TFS Bug Item Synchronizer for Quality Center can be downloaded from Download section on our Community Site.
This download is fully functional and includes 14 days’ trial period.
Purchasing via PayPal or contact us for other options.